2023 has finally come to an end. So, I guess it's time to reflect on what a strange time these last twelve months have been.
art by @87_G0D
This might be the part where I whine about my various misgivings about this past year, but I figure that the time has come to set them aside before they are committed to the historical record. So I'm just going to say that I still think I got a lot out of this year. I met a lot of friends, made a number of cherished memories, and discovered a lot of new interests that I would have never anticipated. And really, isn't that what it's all about?
Upcoming Blogposts §
In writing this blogpost, I ended up referencing last year's reflection, and wow—I didn't do very well on my goal of finishing all the incomplete posts I listed. Oops. Here's the status update on a couple of those:
- Bitcoin Explained: dropped for lack of interest.
- ExFAT Driver in Assembly: dropped because writing real mode assembly is pretty painful.
- IP over Audio Jack: I wrote a brand new implementation using WebAudio, which was quite fun! Unfortunately the receiver has some problems, and I can't really test the program without two devices, so I probably won't be able to work on it for some time. But still… progress! I really want to finish this eventually.
- Analyzing Internet Background Noise: still on my TODO list, but low priority.
- Optimally Solving Rubik's Cube: I will write this one when I figure out how to actually do it.
- Minecraft Server Census 2.0: I did end up writing a new scanner and re-mapping IPv4 space, but the results were not really different enough to warrant a new post. So, I guess I kind of completed this one? I dunno.
Along the way, I did end up getting a lot of new blogpost ideas, some of which I am currently working on. Time has been hard to come by ever since starting college, but I still think that blogging is just a great way to share cool stuff and I want to keep doing it.
So.. stay tuned. Because there's always more to come :-)
Until next time,